Living a meaningful and fulfilling life

We live life only but once. So in whatever things we do, listen to god's will, follow our heart, and do not be afraid to chase our dreams..........Amen........

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Passion in one's work


Do you still think you have passion in your work?
Do you think you are working because of money?
Do you think one will be able to find a job one love & still can earn lots of money?

As I sat outside coffee club, at raffles place area, surrounded by tall office buildings,
looking at those OLs & OMs passing by with stoned face, fast-paced footsteps,
I start to ponder over these various questions.

I think I'm the more lucky one today, at least there is a day set aside to commerate my vocation,
at least I'm having holiday today, having a sumptuous meal with friends of the same vocation,
relaxing & feeling the coolness of the breeze after a rainy afternoon & great dance workout at True Yoga.

I really do not know how I'm able to last 10 years in this vocation, with its ups & downs.
But I'm not going to complain, I'm going to think positive & continue to look for passion in this vocation.

I'm really lucky that I don't have to sqeeze with others on the train every morning & evening.
I'm really lucky that I don't have to wear so formally, put on chunks of artificial stuff on my face, & carry branded bags so as to look "professional".
I'm really lucky that I don't have to eat so expensive stuff for every lunch meal.
I'm really lucky that I don't have to be involve in so much office politics & climbing up the corporate ladder.
I'm really lucky that I don't have to sit in front of the computer table for at least 8 hours per day.
I'm really lucky that I'm the boss of my own classroom, & do not have to report to so many bosses.
I'm really lucky that I don't have to face so many meaningless "numbers" every day.
I'm really lucky that I can still be myself, be true to my own feelings & not live under a veil every day.
I'm really lucky that I did not follow in the footsteps of my other peers.

I want to continue to have passion for everything in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home